Hi all, and Happy Friday! #TGIF. This is our very first post on our new site, “The Cousin Connections”, and we are so excited to finally bring our ideas to life. A little background on our mission: we will be posting early in the week a product review that pertains to fashion and beauty. On Friday’s, we will do a “Five Things Friday” post and share some of our favorite “things” from all over the map. As always, our blog and instagram may evolve over time as we see fit.
So let’s get to it! Here are our favorite summer products part 1. Some are Eva’s picks and some are Dawn’s… and we will figure out how the writing narrative will go as we get into it – bear with us 🙂
- Yeti Travel Mugs. Of course, we have known about the Yeti brand for quite some time, but this summer we became fond of the travel mugs. They are perfect for BBQ’s, any travel you do, and even just to have a lid on your drink at home! Even sitting in the driveway watching the kids play, Eva finds these perfect for any outdoor activity.
- Commercial Grade Juice Press – holy cow this thing is AMAZING! Eva’s husband Nick discovered this early in April, and they have been obsessed ever since. Freshly squeezed fruit juice of all kinds, for any drink, for any occasion. We also have found this makes a great house-warming gift. This is definitely a must-have for any house-hold. Even Eva’s 5-year-old daughter loves freshly squeezed orange juice. On a more adult-beverage-related-note, this makes the freshest, lightest, and most delicious margaritas. If you don’t like super sugary drinks, this device is perfect for that fresh and non-sweet margarita. Here it is in action at Eva’s house:
- Sun Bum Lotion – This is one of Dawn’s absolute favorite summer-time lotions. We have shopped around and it looks like Amazon has the best price, but we’ll get to that in a minute. We should also note, it is also HSA/FSA eligible! What Dawn loves about it is that it’s made with quality ingredients, dermatologist tested, gluten free, paraben free, vegan, hypoallergenic, oxybenzobe free, etc! We are pretty positive it’s not all natural but close to it. It has a great smell and it is water resistant. Dawn says she gets great color even when using a high SPF. Also, the clear zinc is her favorite for sensitive areas… she says, “especially for scars (lord knows I have tons of them)!” Dawn says she does not use it on her face – she has read from other reviews if you do use it on your face it could burn or sting your eyes – something along those lines. Last not but least, it’s moderately priced and they also have a product line for kids. We have searched high and low for a good deal on this and you can get 40% off one of them when you buy 2 on Amazon – and we verified it:
- Clarins Sun Screen Lotion – So here is a little pricier of an option for a great sun screen that Dawn absolutely loves. We shopped around and found the best price at Walmart. Dawn says, “I’ve been using Clarins Sunscreen products for years! It’s non-greasy, lightweight, great for people with sensitive skin, but it’s great for all skin types. When I use Clarins I get the best color along with sunscreen UVB and UVB protection. I also love that Clarins has different SPF’s to choose from along with spray oil, lotions and creams! Anti-aging and anti-pollution products! It can be pricey but it’s worth it! Looks like the cost has come down on Walmart!” The best part about the spray-oil is that you can also spray it in your hair for protection – GREAT for Eva’s blonde hair that she is extremely picky about 😉
- Zero Gravity recliner with cup holder – last product of the summer edition 1 is pretty self-explanatory! Who doesn’t love a great outdoor chair with a cup holder?! What we both absolutely love about these chairs is it comes in a set of 2, multiple colors, and truthfully really comfortable. This is great for the patio even in the fall around a fire-pit. Another great gift to give!
Ok, that’s it for now. SEE YOU SOON!!! 🙂