Five Things Friday part 14 coming at you on this beautiful November day. TGIF!
How is everyone doing? Are you ready for Thanksgiving?
We have decided to focus this week’s Five Things on “mask-ne”. We all seem to suffer from it. And because we both are working out quite a bit with masks on, we’ve definitely seen our skin take a beating.
SO! Here are some of our “mask-ne” favorites!
Neutrogena Hydro Boost Cleansing Towelettes
We are starting with a basic step 1 you would do before applying any other skin product.
Neutrogena has “MANY” amazing wipes to choose from, but our favorite is the hydro booster and here’s why:
- Very easy to use
- Removes bacteria, dirt, oil, grime, makeup (even waterproof mascara) & impurities
- Leaves skin refreshingly clean and moisturized
- Doesn’t dry skin out – contains hyaluronic acid and sodium hydroxide
- GREAT for ALL skin types especially for sensitive skin
- Not harsh/won’t irritate skin
- Alcohol and paraben-free
- Easy to find
- Get for travel, gym bag, purse, car, bathrooms etc
- Effective for cleansing before and after wearing a mask
These are disposable face wipes that effortlessly guide over face and eyes that leave your skin feeling soft, clean and moisturized. By far our favorite wipes and we’ve tried many!!!
Neutrogena is also having a special! Buy one get one at 40% off! See below.
Confidence in a Cleanser Gentle Face Wash
For our #2, this IT Cosmetics cleanser is a definite must-have. It is a super gentle cleanser just as the name suggests.
The many benefits:
- Hydrates, cleanses, and moisturizes all while leaving your skin feeling extremely soft.
- Skin feels refreshed & balanced
- GREAT for sensitive skin (we both have sensitive skin so this product is a god-send)
- You can use around delicate eye area (Ophthalmologist tested)
- Chemical free (no sulfates, no parabens, and no soap)
- Made with collagen, hyaluronic acid (which we love), oatmeal, and ceramides
I, Eva, use this in the morning daily and at night immediately after using the Neutrogena wipes mentioned above. I just can not get enough of how amazing my skin feels after. Really refreshed and not dry at all! A little also goes a long way you so get a lot of bang for your buck with this product!
#3 is more “spot on”!
This is a gentle but effective treatment that clears up skin, prevents future breakouts, and brightens marks left by past acne without over-drying. With that said, it contains the highest percentage of salicylic acid allowed without a prescription.
Tula Skincare products are 100% free from phthalates, parabens, toxins, carcinogens, mineral oil, sodium laurel sulfate and harmful preservatives.
~ALL PRODUCTS ARE CRUELTY FREE
- Probiotics: lock in moisture and soothe the appearance of inflammation
- 2% Salicylic acid-fights and prevents acne and brightens the appearance of marks left by past blemishes
- Willowherb and Hyaluronic acid helps hydrate and soothe the skin
For best results: Apply 1 to 2 pumps on clean skin morning and night. Massage gel directly onto the skin (concentrate on areas with acne).
I (Dawn) have always struggled with breakouts, especially around my chin. My acne has worsened from wearing the masks, using this product along with the other products we’ve listed today have made a big difference in clearing up my skin. Using Clear it Up twice a day has been great for keeping my skin almost 100% blemish free. I love that it’s lightweight and it doesn’t dry out or irritate my skin!
I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THIS PRODUCT!!!
So for #4, we know there may be some emergency situations. We are there a lot this week with break-outs!
Glossier Zit Stick is a portable pen that clears blemishes rapidly. It’s quick drying and can be used up to 3 times a day, and the price point isn’t bad at all for how much product you get.
This is what makes it so special:
- 5% Benzoyl Peroxide
- Tea tree oil and capryloyl salicylic acid
- Can be used over makeup (!!!)
- Rollerball application
- Translucent formula
To use: Twist pen several times until the formula appears on the rollerball, then apply a THIN layer directly onto pimple. If you feel a pimple coming on immediate application seems to prevent a flare up.
This product contains benzoyl peroxide which can be drying and it makes skin extra sensitive to the sun, so don’t forget to use a moisturizer with sunscreen.
IT Bye Bye Breakout Full Coverage Treatment Concealer
We knew you all may want an actual makeup product we love for COVERAGE! So here’s the last one.
THIS LITERALLY SAYS BYE BYE TO BLEMISHES!
It effectively conceals the look of blemishes, acne, discoloration and redness giving skin the appearance of a flawless blemish free complexion.
Helps reduce the size of blemishes without drying or irritating them. Treats and prevents breakouts while providing natural looking coverage.
Available in 7 shades. I (Dawn) like my concealer to be a shade lighter than my foundation. I wear the light shade. (Eva here – I do the same.. I like my concealer lighter than my foundation shade).
I use this as a acne spot concealer before (and sometimes after) I apply my foundation.
Use the applicator to dot concealer onto skin. You can build to your desired level of coverage. Softly blend then continue with the rest of your makeup regimen.
Note: this can be used with or without foundation.
WE LOVE IT COSMETICS!!!
Did you enjoy this post? We hope so!