Five Things Friday Part 25 on this very last February Friday for 2021. YES. This means MARCH is almost here and we get hyped for the warmer air in CT.
What are you looking forward to this SPRING? Is anyone traveling? We both have not traveled and don’t have any foreseeable plans… but we’re hoping!
Let’s get straight to it. And…thank you for reading our post! 🥰
See all FTF here! Also!! …..click underlined text and/or picture to be taken to the product!
Dawn here~This sponge is worth every penny! It definitely lives up to the hype. It EFFORTLESSLY blends all kinds of makeup beautifully for a flawless look.
Makeup brushes tend to sweep products around rather than evenly depositing them. The beauty blender is an egg-shape makeup sponge that applies foundation and other products with a smooth, even finish. It is a reusable sponge, so that means it will last awhile as long as you keep it clean.
Easy to use:
- Dampen sponge and squeeze out excess water.
- Dab your makeup onto skin with fingers, then smooth out makeup with beauty blender.
- After applying makeup clean sponge with soap and water.
- Let it dry thoroughly before storing it.
- When I have extra time I’ll put my sponge in a mug submerged in water.
- 🌟 Add a few drops of Dawn (ha) dishwashing detergent in the water.
- ⭐️ Place in microwave on high for a minute or so, then let it cool before taking sponge out of water.
- 🌟 The water should look very dirty but the sponge should be nice and clean.
I know Eva is obsessed lately, too. It’s great for aging skin that is developing fine lines because it helps put set concealer especially without that “cake” look. Check out the reel she made on Instagram showing how to use it!
In my opinion a beauty blender is a must have!
Dawn here~ Tweezerman slant tip tweezers are a “staple” in my daily beauty routine. Tweezerman are famous for its precision, they grab hair every time! I use the slant tip tweezers to keep my eyebrow, chin and upper lip hairs under control (freakin’ menopause has made that so much worse).
Here are a few tips:
- Start by opening up pores with warm water, because this helps get hair ready for removal.
- Hold the tweezers using thumb and index fingers near the middle of the tweezer.
- Locate the unwanted hair, grab, squeeze down, and pull out hair.
- Continue until all unwanted hair is removed.
- Clean tweezers with alcohol wipes or peroxide after each use.
I have several slant tip tweezers (SHOCKER) in different colors. I like having extra ones available so I’m never without them. Lol! My husband is also a big fan of Tweezerman tweezers.
Nothing is worse than dull tweezers that don’t work. I can’t tell you how many awful tweezers I have bought, finding Tweezerman has been life changing.
Ps. Tweezerman offers free (initial shipping cost aside) sharpening and repair service.
Mail to: Tweezerman Service
2 Tri Harbor Court
South Dock #1
Port Washington, NY 11050
ALSO!!! We did find them on Amazon also. Just MAKE SURE it is not a knock off!
I (Dawn) find the bakuchiol (retinol-like) very gentle on my sensitive skin. Retinol is WAY too harsh for my skin, it causes redness, peeling and breakouts! 😱 Not the look I am going for at 55!
Bakuchiol is a great alternative. It’s very lightweight and it absorbs rapidly into my skin. This is part of my daily night time regimen: I use hyaluronic acid first then bakuchiol followed by the same brand’s Rejuvenique Oil.
I, Eva, am obsessed with this product & actually told Dawn about it! The first time I used this, I could NOT believe how instantly brighter my face was. Like Dawn, my skin dries out way too easily, and therefore I’ve never used much Retinol. This is hands down a must have for my night time routine also.
You know when I (Dawn) really like something because I’ll have it in multiple colors/patterns. Geo leggings are one of my favorite pair of Savvi leggings. They have a high waistband (that actually stays up), 4 way stretch (comfortable), side pockets (who doesn’t love a side pocket?) and are sweat proof (yassss)!!!
Eva loves them and has a pic in them since she is the selfie queen and I HATE taking selfies. lol.
One of my favorite fun quotes “ I have enough leggings.” – said no one ever. 🤣
SO ME!!! #dawnisextra 😜
But..bad news. As of yesterday as we already had put this post together, the GEO’s are undergoing a routine quality check which is amazing that Savvi does this but the link is not up the moment.
Our other absolute favorite is the ASHTANGA that I talk about and post about constantly on our Instagram.
Ok here’s my turn at a “selfie”..lol (this took a ridiculous amount of time for me to do 🙃)
iRobot Roomba 675 Robot Vacuum (Wi-Fi Connectivity)
I (Dawn) have to be honest, I was ALWAYS against getting a roomba, so glad I changed my mind. I love it so much that I have 2 of them; one for our main floor and the other for our finished basement.
I DO, however, use my canister vacuum once a week. The roomba is for in between vacuums. I am very allergic to dust, so running the roomba every other day has been helping keep the dust levels down.
It is very easy to set up and use: download the iRobot Home App on your mobile device, log into your Wi-Fi, and the roomba connects. I recommend you naming your roomba, because it understands voice commands. I named mine “Robbie Roomba” I figured that is easy to remember! Lol 🤣
You can also set up scheduled cleanings. Which is AWESOME!
I made a list of PROS and CONS.
- great if you have allergies, kids and pets
- supports app and voice control
- allows for scheduled cleanings
- automatically adjusts to different floor surfaces
- detects and focuses on heavily soiled areas
- rarely gets stuck
- easy to clean filter & brush
- highly recommend if you have back issues
- easy to setup and use
- it’s a ROBOT, doesn’t clean like you would
- doesn’t always automatically return back to dock station when finished
- need to pickup small items, cords, and lightweight area rugs before running roomba
Overall, I highly recommend this! It has saved me from hours of vacuuming, which is so helpful. Thanks iRobot for giving my aching back a break from vacuuming.
Happy almost MARCH and FRIDAY!!! This concludes Five Things Friday Part 25.
What’s your favorite thing you are using this week? Do you have a ROBBIE ROOMBA? lol, Dawn kills me!!!